Automation may be the future of security, but it’s not for public relations. A successful communications program needs to be evaluated on an individual basis for each company.
Here’s the anatomy of a successful communications program:
- Keep an Eye on the Future. Provide predictions on how threats will evolve and what the next frontier will be in cyber defense.
- Analyze the Market. Share insights on the threat landscape and the attackers, highlighting emerging trends and concerns.
- Do the Hard Work. Use elbow grease to discover new threats, or the source of and MO of existing threats.
- Be Passionate. Have bold and contrarian opinions that get to the heart of industry issues to establish yourself as a valuable source.
- Keep a Pulse on the Industry. Comment on the latest trends from ransomware to machine learning to IoT and mobile malware in order to infiltrate media.
- Leverage Experts. Put forth thought leaders who have a credible reputation and pedigree in the security field.
- Be Nimble. Turn on a dime to make spokespeople available when significant security news is breaking.
Ready to analyze your communications strategy? Connect with us here.