Change Healthcare provides cost transparency and consumer engagement tools that employers and health plans use to reduce healthcare spending.
“You’ve got six months to save us – otherwise, our doors will close.” That was the challenge LPP accepted. As a relatively young company, Change Healthcare was struggling to stand out in a crowded marketplace dominated by a large competitor that was backed by big names in the industry. The company needed to significantly raise its visibility to attract new investors critical to its survival.
We developed a comprehensive plan to put Change Healthcare on the map, including:
- Updated messaging to clearly differentiate the company’s solutions from those of competitors, while emphasizing its unique longevity in the marketplace.
- Developed a quarterly “Healthcare Transparency Index” report leveraging Change Healthcare’s data on largely hidden cost discrepancies and focusing on hot topics around healthcare expenses—strongly positioning the company as a champion of cost transparency and consumer-directed healthcare.
- Created an ongoing drumbeat of key insights through a new TRENDSparency blog and other supporting communications.
In just a few months, the LPP campaign:
- Secured feature coverage in business and trade publications, including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today, Forbes, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, MarketWatch, VentureWire, Employee Benefits News, and HR Magazine.
- Enabled Change Healthcare to secure investment funding totaling $9.3 million—exceeding the company’s goals.
More recently, Change Healthcare was acquired by Emdeon and announced an agreement with McKesson Technology Solutions to create a new healthcare information technology company with $3.4 billion in combined annual revenues (2016).