SynapDx is a laboratory services company developing an innovative, blood-based test for the early detection of autism.
As SynapDx prepared for its first large-scale clinical trial, the company needed to increase its corporate profile and awareness to meet several key objectives: drive patient recruitment for the multi-site trial, attract investors, and generate awareness and credibility among its core audiences—clinicians, families, and the scientific community.
The LPP team created an integrated launch strategy for SynapDx, including:
- Messaging and positioning to explain the sophisticated science behind the SynapDx assay in clear, compliant language designed to resonate with each target audience.
- Comprehensive content program, including educational video, launch press release and backgrounder, summary of published studies, and FAQ document.
- Spokesperson preparation to help tell the SynapDx story in ways that connect with clinicians, families, and scientists.
- Media strategy aimed at gaining national attention for the upcoming trial, driving recruitment at the clinical sites across the country, and reaching potential investors.
The LPP launch plan helped SynapDx achieve its key goals, including:
- Secured an exclusive with well-known Wall Street Journal science reporter Shirley Wang; within 3 weeks the story was covered by 30 outlets.
- Helped SynapDx far exceed its ambitious recruitment goals, securing coverage in 44 outlets nationwide.
- Attracted additional investors, helping SynapDx raise more than $15 million in funding—which, in turn, attracted additional media coverage.
- Generated awareness among clinicians, patients and families through coverage in key publications targeting these groups, including Parents, About.com, Nashville Medical News, EducationWeek, Autism Daily Newscast, Age of Autism, National Autism Network and others.
- Increased credibility within scientific and clinical research communities; following the launch, SynapDx was named part of FierceMedicalDevices’ Fierce 15 and successfully recruited noted industry talent.