The road to disruption starts with owning your message. During a show like Collision, young companies aim to share key messages with investors and meet with potential partners. But how do you manage your message once you’ve committed those investors and partners? As a startup grows, a strong communication strategy is essential but difficult to do on your own with limited time, limited budget and lots of pressure.
Is your communications plan helping you along the road to disruption?
Rev Your Engine
As you start down the road to disruption, build the base for your communications program. This will keep you going during future stages when there are road blocks or heavy traffic from competitors clogging the space.
- Develop differentiated messaging
- Build your corporate narrative
- Media train key spokespeople
- Gain board and employee support
- Prioritize customer references leading to launch
- Develop strategic communications plan
- Audit competitor social media channels
Put the Pedal to the Metal
Once you’ve properly inflated the tires and tuned up your communications plan, it’s time to put the pedal to the metal. Creating the right buzz can be challenging, especially when competing with other companies in the space. Being strategic with your external communications will keep you ahead of the competition.
- Establish street “cred” of leadership team
- Secure customer champions
- Create opportunities for executive visibility
- Develop compelling content and points of view (POVs)
- Leverage POVs to engage with influencers
- Launch social media channels and build an audience
Create Your Own Lane to Success
A startup needs to create its own lane to successfully disrupt the market. Unique communications campaigns that support business objectives can help create that lane and set your company ahead of competitors.
- Launch products and announce partners
- Tell a unique story through data and customer references
- Refresh POVs to stay competitive
- Strengthen media and analyst relationships
- Amplify messages through social media channels and influencers
Navigate the Traffic
Even when you’ve created your own lane, the competition from competitors is still fierce. Sometimes, you need to shift your approach a bit to stay ahead and navigate the traffic flow.
- Diversify storytelling and content dissemination
- Become a trusted source for media
- Adapt messaging to stay current
- Earn engagement on social media channels
- Prepare for issues management situations
- Leverage influencers to increase visibility
Make Your Mark
The road to disruption can lead your company toward many destinations. Whether it’s IPO, acquisition or building your brand, LPP can help you become a unicorn.
Need help getting gassed up? Ready to hit the road with your messaging? Want to partner with us? Connect with us here.