We ensure that we act fairly at every step. Our Sustainability Strategy ‘For People For Our Planet’ is our response to the urgent climate challenge.
the level of plastic reduction in reserved and mohito brand packaging in fiscal year 2022/23
of the energy used in our stores comes from renewable sources
We ensure that we act fairly at every step
It focuses on our environmental goals, because the future and quality of life of all people depends on the state of the environment.
Strategic directions 2020-2025
Product and production
Launch of a programme to support suppliers in implementing practices that reduce the use of natural resources in the clothing manufacturing process
25% of garments produced by LPP are collections made from more sustainable materialsCompleted
30% of suppliers in South Asia are factories that use technologies to reduce water and/or energy consumption in the garment manufacturing process
100% of jeans factories use technologies that reduce water and/or energy consumption in the garment production processIn progress
Second-hand clothing collection system in all shopsIn progress
1 million PLN for investment in new technologies allowing for recycling textile waste
50% of Reserved clothing made from more sustainable materials (i.e. organic, cellulose or recycled fibres)In progress
CO2 reduction by 15%
100% of products containing wool or feathers will be RDS or RWS certified
Full compliance with ZDHC standards
Plastic under control
100% recycled packaging for shipping Mohito and Reserved online orders without single-use plasticCompleted
100% recycled film for shipping online orders House, Cropp, SinsayCompleted
50% reduction in use of single-use film for sales samples
100% foil-free price tags
100% recycled or certified cardboard boxesIn progress
100% recycled packaging in shops
100% of plastic used in packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable
HQ buildings and sales network
Implement an energy-saving programme in stores and solutions to reduce emissions
100% green energy to power our servers & online shops
All new buildings with environmental certification (BREEAM/LEED)
100% of shops participating in energy efficiency and low carbon programme
UN sustainable development goals 2015-2030
It is a development plan and a guide for the world indicating what needs to be done to prevent the greatest socio-environmental risks. Governments, international organisations, the business sector, the scientific sector and citizens of countries refer to this Agenda.
- We offer numerous development programmes and qualification opportunities for our employees.
- We cooperate with universities to support the education of young designers and enable them to gain experience in the profession.
- We work to improve the education of children and young people in the municipalities where we invest.
Decent work and economic growth
- We are one of the largest tax payers in Poland and the largest on the Polish coast. We support the development of local entrepreneurship.
- We employ 29,930 people in Poland and abroad.
- We implement good practices in the supply chain, contributing to respect for human and workers’ rights and improving safety and quality in the factories of our Asian suppliers.
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- We are a fully omnichannel organisation, effectively integrating the stationary and e-commerce sales channels.
- We are developing modern and diversified logistics facilities, including a network of distribution centres and Fulfillment Centres in strategic locations in Poland and abroad.
- We are implementing solutions to improve supply chain management.
- We have adopted the “LPP Group Policy on Diversity Management, Equal Treatment and Building a Culture of Inclusion”.
- Almost 70% of the leadership and managerial positions in our company are held by women.
- We hire employees with disabilities and offer them opportunities for professional development.
- We ensure that human rights, labour rights and safety standards are respected by our suppliers.
- Through the LPP Foundation we support people at risk of social exclusion.
Sustainable cities and communities
- We work for the development of Gdansk and Krakow and the districts where our premises are located.
- We respond to the needs of the local communities in which we operate.
- We are an active participant in the social life of the Brześć Kujawski and Jasionka municipalities, focusing on supporting the education of its youngest inhabitants.
Responsible consumption and production
- We are systematically increasing the share of more environmentally friendly materials in our brand collections.
- We conduct quality controls in the supply chain.
- We joined ZDHC, which controls, among other things, the chemicals used in the production process and the post-production water.
- We collect used clothing in Poland and give it a second life by donating it to those in need.
- We joined Cotton Made in Africa and Canopy – organizations and projects implementing sustainable cultivation practices and a more friendly use of natural resources.
- We are implementing telemetry tools in showrooms to monitor energy consumption.
- LPP Group’s total GHG emissions decreased by 8% year-on-year.
- We have submitted to SBTi a so-called Target Sumbission Form setting absolute emission reduction targets in Scopes 1 and 2, and two Scope 3 targets covering the categories where our value chain’s emissions are highest and manifest the greatest potential for decarbonization.
- Due to our packaging policy for the Reserved and Mohito brands, which has been in place since 2017, we have reduced plastic consumption by another 567 tons in 2022/23.
- We are investing in solutions that reduce the greenhouse gas emissions associated with our operations and enable the use of renewable energy.
Partnerships to achieve the goal
- We are the first Polish clothing company to join international initiatives that work towards a significant reduction of environmental impact.
- We are a member of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest initiative bringing together companies working for sustainable development. We are committed to the principles set out by the UN Global Compact.
We have established a partnership with amfori BSCI, an initiative that supports transparent management of ethics and human rights issues in the supply chain.
Canopy & Cotton Made in Africa
We started cooperation with Canopy – an organisation which aims to develop business practices among entrepreneurs for the sustainable use of forest resources in the world.
We joined the partnership of Cotton made in Africa – the internationally recognised standard for sustainable cotton farming in Africa.
ZDHC, Polish Plastic Pact & Association of Polish Employers of Trade and Services
We joined the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC), initiative that aims to eliminate hazardous chemicals from the value chain of the clothing industry. Together with our suppliers, we are committed to the most stringent standards that often go beyond what is legally required in an effort to eliminate hazardous chemicals from our supply chain, and we expect to achieve total compliance with ZDHC requirements by 2025.
We also signed the Polish Plastic Pact, which supports the shift of plastic management toward a circular economy.
We became a founding member of the Association of Polish Employers of Trade and Services [ZPPHiU].
United Nations Global Compact & New Plastics Economy Global Commitment
We acceded to the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest initiative for businesses committed to sustainable development.
We joined the New Plastics Economy Global Commitment, a global initiative to foster a circular economy in plastics management.
Pomeranian Employers & Development Initiation Fund
We joined Pomeranian Employers, the largest and the oldest organization of employers from the Pomeranian Voivodeship. Its purpose is to represent the interests of employers before the authorities, as well as business regulators and controllers.
We became a partner of the Development Initiation Fund (FIR), a local fund set up to lend financial and practical support to the best intersectoral initiatives that contribute to social and economic change in local communities or the Pomeranian Voivodeship at large.
Family Business Network Poland & Responsible Business Forum
We joined the Family Business Network Poland.
We joined also the Responsible Business Forum, an association that takes comprehensive action to promote sustainable development and corporate responsibility in business.
Open Cages & Fur Free Retailer
We signed an agreement with Open Cages and committed ourselves to giving up natural furs. We also joined the international Fur Free Retailer initiative.
International Accord For Health And Safety In The Textile And Garment Industry (previously ACCORD)
The International Accord is an agreement working on behalf of the fashion industry to improve working conditions in Bangladesh and, as of January 2023, also in Pakistan. LPP joined the initiative in 2013 as the first and only company from Poland to date. The agreement aims to continue and expand the signatories’ joint efforts with trade unions to ensure safety in factories.